Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Back to scheduled programming...

Well not really :)

My son is sick. Only the vomiting at midnight variety (touch wood) and getting better. Glad I didn't marry him off after all :)

We've been having wild weather here. Tornadoes all around the city, thunder storms every single night. One guy got a phone call from his daughter that a tornado was heading for the farm house. He got everyone in the basement and 30 seconds later the house was upside down a hundred yards away from where they were looking up at the open sky. Wild.

Then there are the floods in the UK. I grew up by the River Severn and flooding is nothing new to that region, but Sheffield, where Sean Bean is from, has been battered. I feel for the people and only hope they stay safe and sound out of the water until the floods ease. No heroics.

3 comments:

  1. The weather is HOT here. And it's only early June.

    Sorry to hear your Son is unwell. I hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brandy. He seems fully recovered. A small part of me wonders if he had heatstroke. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's starting to get hot and humid here. It may rain, but it's been a dry summer so far. And I personally have not seen one cicada...not that I'm complaining.

    I'm glad your son's feeling better. That's the worst. Take care, and be safe.

    ReplyDelete