Thursday, June 28, 2007

Comfort Food for the Soul

When I need some comfort I turn to a good historical and right now my favourite historical author is Eloisa James.

She's wonderful :)

This story is the fourth installment of the Essex sisters and I just loved it. The heroines come in all shapes and sizes and the heroes are all wonderfully 'rakish'. I know it is a cliche, but that is something I happen to love about historicals.

Has anyone else read her books?

I'm going out tonight...it is a miracle, twice in the space of a week. The kids are knackered and I can't wait for school to be over. DD got her report and it was glowing. I'm not sure how I'll get hats big enough in the future.

I'm almost done the first draft of the wip and I finally figured out I write like I paint. I sketch in the basics, and then I go over and add detail. For a long time I thought I was inferior and doing it wrong, but then I remembered my artwork and it came to me with a big blast of relief. We writers worry about many silly things.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Toni!! I've never read EJ yet, but i've got a tonne of her books in my tbr pile. :P

    Where did you go? I was supposed to go to that Roger Waters concert tonight, but I'm too sore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read these books. The first two were wonderful, the third one was okay (hated the subtle and unspoken understanding between the h/h. I want a straightforward romance where it's clearly understood what's going on by all parties involved, that's all I'm sayin'). The fourth could have been great if the heroine hadn't been soooooo insecure. I just felt like she whined way too much and I wanted to smack her.

    Have fun going out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're figuring out your process - that will definitely help in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy it is tonight--a retirement do for BH's work. Dinner at a Chinese resturant with a billion biologists :)

    Stacy--I liked her insecurity. If it was me I'd have been that insecure marrying a guy like Mayne :) You can smack me later :)

    Melissa--it will. More importantly how are you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love her books. Hope the night out goes well. Congratulations on the Daughters good report!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read her but may have to check her out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read my first Eloise James a few months ago and LOVED it! I have a couple more in my TBR pile now.

    ReplyDelete