Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Goodbye Mr Blair


Today marks the end of an era for Britain. Tony Blair is stepping down as Prime Minister and Gordon Brown is replacing him. I always really liked Tony Blair who slipped into the shoes of the imitable John Smith who died before he could be elected PM (and I think there are very few people who doubt he would have become the PM at that time). Tony is not without criticism but I'm not sure there is a leader in the world who can get it right every time.

I really like Gordon Brown too. His wife had a baby in the same hospital where my children were born, but their baby died. It was heartbreaking. And now they have two kids younger than mine and I can not imagine being a parent and running the country at the same time... although... Here's hoping Gordon can put his good Fife roots to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment