Friday, July 20, 2007

A bit of class... Class!

I'm still on track, though the ironing hasn't been done and the fish tank needs cleaned and the whole house needs de-dog-haired. My one dog Finn is being a cantankerous old bitch. She ate a newly planted fir tree and chowed down on a houseplant right in front of me. DH thinks she's near death. I think she's a big fat con dog :)

She'll be 16 in September assuming she doesn't eat something poisonous in the meantime...

See this poster... Wouldn't you LOVE to go see SB at the theatre? I'm trying to remember the last time I went...Hmm... maybe a little production downtown last year. The last time I saw something big was Riverdance in Toronto and before that Les Mis in the West End...

I love a really good live performance. DH loves it too--he has a secret hankering for the stage which comes in useful during lectures.

And yes--of course he's better looking than Sean Bean :)

11 comments:

  1. Yay for keeping with the program Toni - what's a little dog hair anyway?

    I'm not the biggest Shakespeare fan but yeah, I'd want to see this. The last live production I saw was "The Pirate Queen" - meh. Before that was "Wicked", and it was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I would SO love to see that. Sean on stage...so close...I'd probably do something embarrassing like scream my fool head off like an out of control teenager who just spied her latest celebrity crush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, that would be me too. I'm a dork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last live show I saw was Riverdance. I would love to see another live performance soon.

    Glad that you are sticking with "it".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh. I would LOVE to see this! Sean Bean live? You bet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandy, it is working for me, more or less. I'm sorting out cupboards today--those ones that you close the door on and daren't open for a year... I have only got one more to sort. Feeling powerful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish cleaning cupboards would make *me* feel powerful. It makes me feel defeated. Which is why I generally avoid cleaning cupboards ;)

    Glad your program is working, Toni.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm trying to remember the last time I went to the theatre. It must have been back in the Midlands and it may have been Shakespeare - Twelfth Night. Or it might have been the ballet - Copelia. Or it might have been panto - Dick Whittington. My favourite was The Pirates of Penzance with Paul Nicholas (Just Good Friends), Bonnie Langford (I'll scweem and scweem and scweem until I'm sick), and Keith Michel (Hissing Sid). Yes, I think I'm about due for the theatre. Probably Sheffield.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Shakespeare. Think Sean is very talented.

    I did a major clean yesterday. Feels great when you're done. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being so close to Los Angeles I have the advantage of having some top notch productions close at hand. But I don't usually go. Last one we saw was something called "Steppin Out," a musical based on Billy Joel's music and choreographed by Twyla Tharp. I thought it was pretty dull myself but DH liked it. I don't go to the movies talk about the theater. The shows are really expensive...and that's just the parking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd break down the door to see Sean Bean as Macbeth! Macbeth is just about my favourite Shakespearean play. Our last visit to the theatre was "Les Mis" back in 1990 - two months before we got the joyful call that our adopted baby boy was ready to come home to his new bassinet. Both great memories are linked for me forever now. We're looking forward to seeing The Royal Winnipeg Ballet this coming year.

    ReplyDelete