Thursday, July 19, 2007

Dreaming

DH and I were thinking about where we'd have our beach house--you know when we're rich (note to self: must not forget to buy lottery ticket this week).

I was thinking the west coast of Scotland (see left for Isle of Harris), but DH pointed out there were less bugs on the west coast of Ireland (see below for Cliffs of Moher).



One thing that amused me greatly about the south of Ireland was the lack of safety precautions for tourists. I think they figure if you are dumb enough to get close to the edge of these cliffs on a windy day you deserve everything you get. They do put up stone slab barricades to protect the sheep though. Gotta appreciate their priorities.

My husband is Irish, my best friend is Irish. Ireland wouldn't be a bad place to retire...

I got everything done that I needed done today. My plan is working :)



If you could have a beach house anywhere, where would it be?










8 comments:

  1. Oh the pix are gorgeous. Both locations sound marvelous, but I'm boring and would probably want my beach house to be somewhere warm and Caribbean-esque, such as Aruba or Hawaii or Fiji - all places I've never been.

    Hey Toni, does the dh have an Irish accent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhere warm would be nice. I'd like somewhere you could actually go in the sea occasionally too :)

    DH has an accent halfway between Irish and Scottish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's an easy one. Definitely Hawaii. Either on the Big Island on the Kohala coast or on Kauai at Hanalei Bay (that's where Puff the Magic Dragon is from). I love the warmth of the sun and the warm calm waters. I almost said a place on the Monterey Bay, however most of the shoreline is a marine sanctuary and it attracts birds, lots and lots of birds who live on the rocks. The smell would knock you over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rather like the Ireland picture. I'm not overly fond of heat, or the beach, so that one strikes my fancy.
    Glad you were able to get the things needed, done.
    *g*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anywhere...hmm. I think it would have to be in England somewhere. Or Ireland. Or Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandy, I don't think I'd go for that cliff, but maybe somewhere a bit gentler nearby. On the Aran isles they built stone forts right on the edge of the cliff. OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beach house? Hmmm...probably St. Maartens, where there's likely more Canadians per captia then Newfoundland, lol! The heat was extreme when we were there, but it was the BEST place we stopped off on our cruise. Plus, it was easy to see that the beach houses were out-of-this-world gorgeous. I never truly believed that a sea could be "sapphire" until we visited St. Maartens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I'm coming from Loreth Anne White's - another "Rockin' Girl Blogger".

    I'd like two please (cause if we're wishing, might as well wish big). One right here, on the west coast of BC; that would be my summer one. And one in Hawaii for the winter.

    ReplyDelete