Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'm back :)

and feeling better and more invigorated than ever :)

The reason? Simply setting more realistic goals.

The kids need me. The dogs need me. The house needs me. My husband occasionally needs me. And it is good to go out and about and do things other than stare at the computer screen pulling out hair and berating myself for being the biggest moron ever to walk the planet... I'm at the stage where everything I've written is trash. The story is hopeless, the writing infantile, the plot blah.

So--everything is right on course :) Twenty pages of editing every day and then I can do everything else that comes up, and possibly more editing later on if I get the chance. 20 pages a day--400 pages in 20 days.


I'm pretty sure DH and I had West Nile virus. We found 3 dead birds in the yard (woodpecker, cow bird, blue jay) within the space of 5 days and with our combined biology Ph.D.s completely failed to link it to the mosquitoes that take chunks out of you when you venture outside and the mysterious illness that knocked me out one weekend and DH the next. Thankfully we were better within a day. The children seem okay, fingers crossed. I'm a little worried about the neighbor's mother who is 94 and suffering congestive heart failure, but what can you do? It might not have been, but it seems all way too coincidental for it not to be.

Hope you're feeling hale and hearty :)

5 comments:

  1. Yeah!! on the goals, Toni. Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're back! And with a brand new attitude - you go, girl! Sometimes you just have to step away to really see where you're going and why you're going there. Works wonders. You sound extremely energized :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes :) I'm feeling good. A break and letting up some of that self imposed pressure is good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you to set your life back in balance! And West Nile is nothing to fool around with - do you think you all should get blood tests? We had Norwalk virus in January and that was sure no fun...you hear about these things on the news and think it can't happen to you! Glad you're back and heavily into the editing again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are feeling better emotionally and physically! You sound full of vigor!
    Sending a smile to you! :)

    ReplyDelete