Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Notices

Kathleen Woodiwiss has died.

R.I.P
Such a terrible shame. I loved her books.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a different note the Kiss of Death cookbook has finally been published... link.

I have two short stories in there LOL. Both are on the gory side. I spent nearly two years on the publicity committee who worked incredibly hard on this project and they deserve much praise and thanks for all their hard work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last but not least for those RWA members NOT going to National this week, check out the blogging list here. Cool :) For those who are going, have a great time :)

4 comments:

  1. Awwwww...how terribly sad. My sympathies to her family. I loved her books. I grew up reading all her old ones - Ashes in the Wind, Flame and the Flower, etc. And I still have them on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sad news. I've never read her books, but what an icon. I bet there will be a lot of Woodiwiss re-reads over the next several days....

    You wrote gory stories in a cookbook? How...intriguing, Toni. I'm glad it's been published.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a shame.


    Stacy--we wrote very short openings for each section of the book. I think I did the fish and salad sections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was heartbroken at the news of Kathleen Woodiwiss. She was very influential for my writing.

    Finally the cookbook comes out. One of our local chapter members worked on it and every meeting I'd ask her about the cookbook. I think she was ready to kill me.

    ReplyDelete