Monday, August 20, 2007

High School Musical


DD had a sleepover and watched HSM with her friend (and allowed her little brother to watch too). Would you believe we missed HSM2 on Friday? Unbelievable :)

I love this movie. Sappy and cute and totally predictable, but fun. It is nice to have a musical the kids can watch. I love Grease, but that is kind of sordid and Dirty Dancing has too many topics I don't want to have to deal with yet.

They went to sleep about 11 pm and were all up at 6 am.

I'm totally knackered.



***EDIT***
You must go check out Laurie Wood's blog sometime today. She is interviewing my dear friend Judith Rochelle :)

6 comments:

  1. I have yet to see HSM. And with my husband's tendency to roll his eyes at such films, it will have to be something I watch by myself! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't jumped on the bandwagon, having just "learned" about HSM rather recently, but I'm glad the kids enjoyed it. I'm sure it's a relief for parents to have movies, etc. that aren't loaded with sexual innuendo or bad language - they'll learn it soon enough, won't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys would like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen HSM or it's sequel yet, and neither have my kids. However Grease (1 and 2) are popular in my house. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, I just saw this movie for the first time myself. We saw a local high school production of it, which was awful (not that I could have done any better mind you!), so it was a relief to see that it actually was a pretty good movie. It was innocent and just right for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah! We waited for it for MONTHS! My dds love it. I'm taking them to see High School Musical on Ice on the 15th of this month.

    ReplyDelete