Sunday, August 26, 2007

Steve Irwin

It is nearly a year since we heard the terrible news that Steve Irwin was dead.

I never met the guy but feel this weird connection and maybe that was his special gift, because many people feel the same way.

Please don't forget his message about conserving and fighting for wildlife.

Read a beautiful interview with his best friend Wes nearly a year on--this is exactly how I felt about my granny when she died--that connection, that weight of grief.

And read his bio...link

I still think about his family and how they're coping without him. Anniversaries are mixed blessings and I think the first year is the hardest.

I'm away for a couple of weeks to Dinosaur Provincial Park and Banff. Have fun while I'm away and stay safe :)

7 comments:

  1. It's been a year already?
    Grief is a hard burden to bear, one that supposedly gets lighter as time goes on. I hope his family is doing well at this time.

    Have a good time at the Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's hard to believe so much time has passed already. You can't help but think of his family, especially his kids. I think they will carry on his message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing I loved about Steve Irwin was he had this amazing energy that just sucked you in and made you feel the same joy he felt while doing his work. I can't believe its been almost a year since he died.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. Probably not for his family, though. Grief has a way of slowing things down.

    Have fun on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe it's been a year either. Time flies far too quickly these days.

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He was an incredible person. My daughter grew up watching him and it was really tough for her. Sometimes I just can't believe there are no new Steve Irwin shows anymore. He is missed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had Brandy's reaction, a year already? Wow. I don't know much about him, but he had a glowing personality. He seemed like the kind of guy to know.

    ReplyDelete