Saturday, September 29, 2007

Skin

I was in Shoppers Drugmart yesterday getting milk. It saves crossing the six lane highway at the end of my street. Anyway as I was on my own I decided to take advantage and buy some nightcream for my poor wrinkles :)

I was trying to decide if I could justify buying the $26 stuff as opposed to the $20 stuff and generally havering over the stupendous array of products that promise to magically annihilate fine lines.

The young bouncy sales lady came up to me and said, 'Try this.'

I tried it and said, 'That's nice, how much is it?'

'$120'

I didn't even choke, I just laughed and then she started telling me if I spent over $30 I could get some great little sample tubes,--but what I wanted only came in jars for $58...

What is it about me that suggests I am such an easy mark??? LOL.

Jeez. I took the $26 L'Oreal nightcream and didn't feel a spot of guilt.



----------------
Now playing: Be Be Your Love - Rachael Yamagata
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

  1. It's not just you that they think is an easy mark! $120 nightcream? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!

    Funny, I had the same dilemma this week. Settled for Oil of Olay for $10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! L'Oreal is one of the best products on the market - I've been using it for years and most people don't peg me for how old I am. Or wait, maybe it's all the water I drink, or...

    You'd have to be bonkers to pay $120 for a nightcream. Which means my mother is bonkers - when she was burnt out in a housefire in May, she had over $500 in various creams and anti=aging stuff in the bathroom. The insurance only allowed her $100 to replace it, and was she miffed! Lol! If I had $500, I'd have a real website!

    ReplyDelete