Monday, September 17, 2007

Wheel of Time

I've just read that Robert Jordan died. What a terrible shame. If you haven't read The Wheel of Time series you are missing out on an epic adventure. My sincerest condolences to the family, he was a tremendously gifted storyteller.

It would be a depressing time indeed--my blog has turned into constant eulogies this last month--but then something wonderful happens to balance the sad times. My brother and his wife just had their first baby (my brother already has two teenage girls, one of whom starts university today :) Little David is the first boy in that house. Congratulations Ian and Gem. Helen would be pleased. She always loved babies :)

5 comments:

  1. That's too bad. I had heard he had been seriously ill for awhile.

    Congrats to the new arrival. That's exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit I've never read Jordan's books, but I've definitely seen them out there. What a huge loss.

    Congrats, auntie. Babies are a joy and celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed there have been many eulogies of late. :(

    Congratulations on your newest family member! So lovely.

    I like your newest picture of you over on the left of your homepage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - how sad all these unexpected losses of great people. I hadn't heard he'd been ill.

    Congrats on the new nephew. I have my 5th niece/nephew on the way this March. I love being an aunt. It's the easiest job in the world with plenty of perks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Aunty Toni. Ian emailed me with the good news - David looks sooooooo sweet. Your blog photo is pretty cool too chick!

    ReplyDelete