Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bloodfever


I'm in love. Okay I know I'm not supposed to obsess and I'm already stalking both Suzanne Brockmann and Elizabeth Vaughan as their number one fans, but Karen Marie Moning has outdone herself with her newest series. I used to think KMM's books were light entertainment, but not anymore. I'm consumed and just wish she'd write faster!! Of course then I feel guilty because the poor woman has been suffering from Lyme's disease.

Anyway, treat yourself to this series--I think it is paranormal urban fantasy. And I am not a paranormal fan. Nor do I like first person, but this is just fabulous.

Here's the synopsis from her website

Mackayla Lane's ordinary life underwent a complete makeover when she landed on Ireland's shores and was plunged into a dark, deadly realm unlike any she ever imagined. In her fight to stay alive, Mac must find the Sinsar Dubh—a million-year old book of the blackest magic imaginable that holds the key to power over both the worlds of Fae and Man. Pursued by Fae assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she cannot trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and irresistible men: V'lane, the insatiable Fae, who can turn sensual arousal into an obsession for any woman; and the ever-inscrutable Jericho Barrons, a man as alluring as he is mysterious.

For centuries, the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them...



Now I'm off to write my own :) Synopsis that is...

7 comments:

  1. I read the book right before this one. I didn't know it was out yet. Thanks for the heads up!
    Have fun with your synopsis! *G*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. I've read some of KMM's Highlander books--I like her writing style, although I confess I've a limited appetite for the modern virgin + Och-Aye highlander (with mysteriously wonderful hygeine!).

    But I did adore Adam in Immortal Highlander...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the same but different. Much more along the lines of Adam's story, and I think he'll turn up in this series. Not sure if Mac is a virgin or not. You don't get that impression but we haven't got *there* yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an interesting read! Good luck with your own synopsis. I have to write one for my GH entry next week and I'm not looking foward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. Synopsis! Have fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to reading this, Toni! Even more so now that you've talked it up. :)

    Happy synopsisizing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello - can I borrow your copy after you're done? I promise to return it in pristine condition! :)

    ReplyDelete