Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A Sense of Excitement

I got 50 pages edited yesterday, so I'm pretty pleased with myself.

I've been having great horoscopes lately, from FreeWill.

This week he tells me:

'You're overdue for a purge of bad habits and a surge of fresh approaches, but that won't happen unless you can conjure up a relaxed acceptance towards those bad habits -- as well as a big dose of self-forgiveness.'

So--my bad habits. Reading my email too often. Not reading peoples' blogs everyday. Not calling my friends as frequently as I should, not volunteering as often as I should for the kids' activities. Shouting at the kids, not loving DH as patiently as he loves me. So, I'm about to try the relaxed acceptance in the hopes I can improve some areas of my life.

And maybe he's talking about my writing, always room for improvement there so I'll have to think about it.

Other good news this week is I got my fees paid by KOD, not only for the chapter, but also for RWA. I feel like I won the lottery. Thank you SO much Kiss of Death! The best chapter in the RWA.

And two old friends of mine got in touch this week. From secondary school. Unexpected, but nice :)


----------------
Now playing: I Might Be Wrong - Radiohead
via FoxyTunes




7 comments:

  1. Good news all around Toni. It's always nice to get paid, and even nicer to hear from old friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome about your dues getting paid. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 50 pages AND a fee paid. Not a bad day's work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great news on your dues being paid! AND you have done 50 pages yesterday, wtg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love FreeWill. :) And KOD. What an awesome chapter indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been a great week

    ReplyDelete