Sunday, October 21, 2007

South Africa win rugby world cup

South Africa beat England, 16:5.

Considering the English lost 36:0 in the opening match against South Africa I think it is fair to say no one expected England to progress to the final and at least they played with a lot of heart and have nothing to be ashamed of.

And because I always show pictures of the English players, to balance things out, here are some of the SA team

This guy is 20 years old Francois Steyn




Here's man of the match Victor Matfield


John Smit, the captain and

Bryan Habana--who at least didn't get to score a try in this match.

and finally Os du Randt, a veteran. My nephew plays in this position and is HUGE!!! He also has no neck, but I love him.



The English are prettier, but the South Africans had a great tournament--Congratulations!! Would have been great to beat them though :)

5 comments:

  1. Francois is pretty cute, but the rest look a bit beaten up. Occupational hazard, I'm sure.

    Congrats to South Africa. I'm not a fan, but I can still be a good sport LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Francois is a cutie...but soooo young!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The other guys look better in real life. Well except Os, I think he looks like that all the time bless him :) There are some beautiful players.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never watched rugby although it was a big sport at my college. I did notice the guys were cute. We even had a women's rugby team. Those were some scary girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I don't know. 20 yr old Francois is very nice ...

    We watched the game. It was quite good.

    ReplyDelete