Thursday, November 29, 2007

All through the night

I believe in equality for all. It is a big concept, equality. Very hard to get your teeth around.

What does that have to do with 'All through the night' by Suzanne Brockmann? Quite a lot actually. One of Suz's main characters is gay and this is his book, his HEA. I loved it. I don't write reviews, but I'm a massive Suzanne Brockmann fan and I love to see people standing up for what they believe in, and I loved catching up with all the other characters from the Troubleshooter series.

Two of my gay friends just got married in New Zealand. I hope they have long and happy lives together and never have to deal with prejudice of any kind.

Suz Brockmann has donated all of her earnings (advance, royalties and subrights) from ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT to MassEquality's Educational Fund. MassEquality is a group dedicated to preserving equal marriage rights in Massachusetts. Find out more about MassEquality at www.MassEquality.org

5 comments:

  1. My mother was okay with lesbians, it was gay men that bothered her. She taught me tolerance, my father was Archie Bunker.

    This book sounds great, and it's wonderful that Suzanne is doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loreth1:38 pm

    Note to self: Pick up this book. Thanks for the recommendation, Toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Suz, even more for doing this and I loved this book. I wish more people were as tolerant. Why is it so much easier for some to hate instead of love?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruby555:22 pm

    Another Brockmann fan. I haven't yet read this or the book that came out earlier this year. I still have to order Jules's story but "The Force of Nature" is languishing somewhere around Suz's place with a number of other books I ordered at Amazon.com on a gift certificate.

    Some times have really stretched for me while others still go past in the blink of an eye. I'm really having problems with the time concept. I definitely have to get these Brockmann books here so that I can read them. I know she is very sensitive to the issue of homosexuality.

    ReplyDelete