Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Icebreaker--hero

Well, my hero was easy, I knew as soon as I saw him that he'd be perfect, but finding any decent pictures that don't make him look like a teenybopper, nancy-boy has been hell. However, Henry Cavill who plays Charles Brandon in The Tudors (pronounced Tchew-dors, not two-ders, thank you very much) is perfect. Just swap the frills for fatigues and you've got a burned out ex-SAS soldier turned helicopter pilot, Daniel Fox.

So I've got the basics of character, plot and setting and I actually started writing today. I have tonnes of research to do but wanted to get a chapter down and get a feel for the main characters.

I love this part.
I'm visiting tomorrow--assuming no one in the family gets ill. The school have me on speed-dial, it has been that sort of month ;)

10 comments:

  1. Very nice choice for your hero. Not quite as magnificent as Eric, but he'll do. Yeah, he's gotta lose the frilly collar though.

    I'm glad the writing is coming along, but knock on wood that the kids are healthy and happy and going about without incident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick side note - the Tudors came out on DVD yesterday. :P I'm going to buy my copy hopefully today.

    And yes, great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy, I know. Eric is hard to beat. Of course, if my agent sells the story maybe she'll sell the film rights too, and Eric can get the part :) We can dream right?

    Ames--I know where to come if my PVR screws up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? That's the way you pronounce it? I confess, I've always called it Tuu-Dors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pronunciation aside (thank you for the proper phonetics! I confess I'm going to have to practice), I think you've made an excellent choice. I quite like his Charles character on The Tudors. And there's not many men who can carry off a frilly collar and still look that masculine!

    Of course, you've done well to choose Maura too. I love the book already. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, he's cute! I thiknk I'm older than him, so not fair. *g*

    I'll send good thoughts for the family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys.
    Meretta, keep working on it and I'll test you next time we meet up LOL. tuu-ders sounds like a mob guy to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, sounds GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love him, love him, love him! Perfect choice - can't wait for you to feed us more pictures. :)

    My dh read in an article that every episode of the Tudors is supposed to represent one year of their lives. I can't wait to see the rest of the season - I want the DVD set but don't want to spoil the end!

    And Toni, anytime you want to share some chapters of Icebreaker, you know where to find me. :)

    ReplyDelete