Thursday, December 20, 2007

From FreeWill

Verticle Oracle card Taurus (April 20-May 20)
"Education is a method whereby one acquires a higher grade of prejudices," said author Laurence J. Peter. One of your top assignments in 2008 will be to prove him wrong. I hope that you will aggressively pursue a more authentic form of higher learning in numerous ways, from exploring the frontiers of your world to reading more good books to seeking out the company of original thinkers. I trust that as you expose yourself to novel data and expansive perspectives, you will get your mind blown over and over again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love this. I am as educated as most people wish to be (although hopefully not prejudiced), but like most things the more you know, the more you realize you don't know. I love original thinkers--bring 'em on!!! I want my mind blown :)

4 comments:

  1. Here, here, Toni.

    I dropped by to ask you for some advice. I'm thinking about expanding a short story I wrote -- the western piece. And I want to research what composes a small western town, what they wore, and what was happening around the time I choose. I've narrowed it to between 1865 and 1900, but I have to either make up a town (which is fine, but I still need to know what it is nearby). I'd like to immerse myself in the research, then begin writing it.

    That's a lot to lay on you, but maybe you have some ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, I think it's cool that you're always learning. Sometimes I wish I took the time to learn more, but it's never too late.

    I hope your mind is blown a lot in 2008 LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm learning lots in Belize!

    And in regards to your query as to what to read, I just finished the first of Nora's Seven Trilogy. Very good. :)

    I'll chat more when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fabulous time, Meretta!!!!

    ReplyDelete