Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year...

Every single time I sit down to blog since Christmas Eve, something has come up. Even now I hear DH in the door with groceries for tomorrow's party. Excuse me a mo...

Okay, I'm back again.

It's been crazy busy. De-packaging toys, finding batteries, working out instructions, eating, partying, watching family movies, phoning family around the world, eating, crying over ice dams, thinking about pilates, walking the dog, clearing snow off the roof, re-installing secondhand appliances (everything except the dishwasher, it's a loooong story), plumbing, praying, and now cleaning. DD is vying for computer time 8-O (Webkinz) and DS is wanting dinosaur books read. All good. All lovely. All a bit frustrating for someone who needs to write more than I need to bathe LOL.

But, there's always a lesson around New Year. It's a difficult time for many. I'm blessed with a happy party animal for a husband, raised in Scotland where NY is a PARTY :) It keeps everyone UP. We have friends though, where the husband/dad has just been diagnosed with a stage 3 inoperable brain tumor. This will be a rather poignant NY for them--it will take a miracle to overcome, but I'm always hoping for miracles, I believe in miracles, so positive thoughts for them, positive vibes and hope.

I hope 2008 is good for everyone.

I have a list of goals I'll post in a couple of days (when we've had the party--with a ROCK BAND no less) and I'm back in the groove. But right now the main goal in life is not to sweat the small stuff.

Love and hugs, Toni.

10 comments:

  1. Wow girl, you have been BUSY! Hope you get a big of a chance to relax a little before handing out those party favors. All the best to you and your family for a fabulous new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been having fun (?!?!?!) Enjoy hogmanay and have a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:35 pm

    Have fun all of you
    xxxxxxxxxooooooooo
    Miniand Pops
    Miss you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year's, Toni. I'm busy doing much of that post-Christmas stuff myself.

    The great thing about NY is that we kind of start with a clean slate with out goals and hopes. Hope you have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful New Years! Best wishes for a fantastic year, and more time to write. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year, Toni!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, what's hogmanay?

    I'm so sorry about your friend, many prayers. Miracles do happen.

    I'm with Stacy - I hope you had time to relax before all of the NY festivities.

    Happy 2008 FBA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's Hogmanay???

    The most important of the Celtic traditions?

    Hogmanay is New Year's Eve, Eve ;)

    All the best you guys. I'm hoping it is a great year!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Celtic ... my Irish ancestors are rolling in their graves. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you have a wonderful 2008, Toni!

    ReplyDelete