Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Rugby World Cup



There are parts of the world where time has stopped. For those in the know this is because for the next 7 weeks the Rugby World Cup is on in France. My DH has finally got coverage in Canada (Setanta Sports which seems to be Irish, which is alright with him :).

This means no intelligent conversation during matches, no Toni TV programs (thank God for the PVR if there is any space left), and instantaneous depression when Ireland do badly. Just like old times :)

And here's to the reigning world champions--we better enjoy it while we can...

8 comments:

  1. Wow, 7 weeks huh? Maybe now's a good time to hit him up for those extravagant purchases he might ordinarily say "no" to...at least that's what I'd do. Enjoy your freedom, such that it is. Go team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commiserate, Toni. Only my DH is watching hunting and fishing, 24/7 on WILDTV! and is only depressed when the rain interferes with the satellite signal. I secretly rejoice. ;)

    Happy rugbying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the hell, I'll get behind Ireland for this one. Go green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I always say Go GREEN!!

    Stacy, I think I'll just work :)
    Meretta, Fishing? I mean, FISHING?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seven weeks?? Paul was just doing the Snoopy Dance last night that Canadian Idol is finally over! lol! Take heart in your PVR being able to record all the season premieres for you at the end of Sept. - for myself, I don't like football and any game where men nearly kill themselves over a small leather ball. It always looks so painful! (and at our house, it's poker tournaments)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I have to admit, I don't understand the first thing about rugby, but it's a cool name for a sport. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dno't think I've ever watched a true rugby match. But there's always a first time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is why I am so glad my hubs is a total computer geek and doesn't watch sports. *g*

    ReplyDelete