Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Louis Riel Day :)



Louis Riel is one of those figures in history whom no one is really sure whether or not should be a hero or a villain. Present consensus is he stood up for his people against a racist government, and I have little doubt that is true, and therefore he is a hero--honestly I know very little about him.

Anyway today is a provincial holiday, Louis Riel Day, which means the kids are off school. We actually had temperatures that climbed above zero on Saturday, the first time since October I think. Now we have plummeted again, but I keep seeing signs...the eternal optimist :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad not to work tomorrow. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember studying him in junior high but now most of what I learned has faded from my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to say I've never heard of him. Well, we had the day off for Presidents' Day.

    ReplyDelete