Tuesday, March 18, 2008

In the Spirit of Ireland

I managed to get some of my photos scanned this week. These were taken nearly a decade ago on the western edge (literally) of Ireland. They are the Cliffs of Mohr and the bottom photo is on the Aran Islands off the coast there (not to be confused with the Island of Arran, off Scotland). I didn't know it then but as I was horse riding and cycling I was actually pregnant with DD. :) Sorry it is all in black and white.

The cliffs are wild and beautiful and the wind can sweep you straight over the edge. I do believe the Irish are more worried about their sheep than the tourists ;) I thought the stones walls were amazing; they built them with lots of gaps so the wind didn't knock them over.







----------------
Now playing: Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run
via FoxyTunes

5 comments:

  1. These are just gorgeous, and even in B&W - lends a mystical quality to them. I hope to be standing in those very spots one day. Breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once applied to graduate school in Ireland - I didn't get in, but I wanted to live there so BADLY. Then, of course, I met my hubby, got married, and had a baby. Still haven't made it to Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are too, Stacy :)
    One day Melissa, one trip at a time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful pictures to help remember your trip! I didn't get my St.Patrick's day post up on time, but if I had, I'd have googled for something as beautiful as your pictures. I've been to Scotland but never Ireland. Seeing as I'm a St. Patrick's day "baby", hopefully I'll get there one of these years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday, Laurie. A Pisces, huh?

    ReplyDelete