Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Catch up

Okay, okay--where have I been and what have I been doing? Nothing terribly exciting. I've been doing kid stuff (like brownie sleepovers) and garden stuff (growing seedlings from scratch and trying to get the flowerbeds ready). I've been cycling to school and working on edits. I've been celebrating a wedding anniversary and missing my granny who died 11 years ago. I've been ironing and watching American Idol. I've been judging the Daphne (Kiss of Death Writers' Contest) and trying to keep up with the publishing industry online. I've been redesigning my website (just waiting for my new cover before I put it up) and updating other people's webpages.

Edits are going okay, although I cringed when I first looked at this manuscript which I wrote a year ago. Wow--I have learned a lot in a year. This edit is the 'remove fluff' edit. Anything that doesn't move the story forward, is ditched. And I have been ditching furiously. Not sure about the story--I mean I love it, but I'm a little worried it is more British police than an American editor would like. We'll see. As always.


----------------
Now playing: Runrig - Protect and survive
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. You've been busy! I like the sound of your British Procerdural. And you are more than welcome to come help me plant some flowers. *G*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too -- love the sound of a British procedural! Still must watch Cracker ... on the list for tonight

    ReplyDelete