Sunday, April 06, 2008

Fat

We went for a nice family walk this morning and coming up the golf course we heard some gulls making a racket. Then we realize the gulls were dive-bombing a bald eagle soaring over the first tee. It is cool to see such wildlife when you live in the city (albeit a rural part of a small one). This isn't my photograph, because at that time this morning I didn't have a camera (mine fried with static just before Christmas).

But NOW I have a camera :)

DH, DS and myself went to the shops to try and track down some bargains (like the $100 frying pan on sale for $20; ours was bent) and to find some birthday presents for moi (about a month early but a sale is a sale). I was treated to a fabulous new camera, a few t-shirts and a pair of pants for working out in, and 3, yes 3, new bras!! Yay me!!!!

The downside was staring at myself naked in the mirror trying on sports gear and wondering when I'd managed to go up to a UK size 14????? Horrible moment. And who wants to work out in public looking like a chubby soccer player? Not me. Lands End had some nice stuff though that didn't show any bumps. I bought everything in a nice generic 'medium' size. So I guess I can add that to the goals for the year. Sell book to big NY publisher. Lose 15 pounds.

You'd think the latter would be easy, huh? Let's wait and see.

Hey--spring break is over. My life can begin again. All I can say is I have fantastic kids, but I love their teachers.

7 comments:

  1. Great news on the new camera! And hey, shopping for clothes is always traumatic. *g*
    Congrats on having Spring Break over. *G*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shopping is fun whe it's for yourself. Now that it's getting nicer, I can picture you outdoors, being active. It was a brutal winter, and who wants to exercise when it's cold outside?

    Btw, saw your Eric in "The Other Boleyn Girl" this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once saw an eagle tear apart a seagull. It was awesome. LOL

    Good stuff on the shopping. I want to go shopping for summer stuff, but it keeps snowing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah Stacy, he's MY Eric. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brandy--yes, the camera is great. I will set it up tonight :)

    Stacy~ you are right. Exercise is harder when it is so cold. I am really liking this class I've joined so hopefully it and summer will do the job with some of the excess pounds. And I was thinking, it could have been the clothes LOL. My jeans that I'm wearing are a US 8, which theoretically is a UK 10, but they never match up. You just have to find clothes that fit rather than just look for the right size labels. But I still need to drop some weight.

    Eric--cough. I cannot claim him--only admire him from a distance else DH gets upset :) Must go see that movie. Must call Laurie!
    Ames--what was with the snow on Friday???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandy--yes, the camera is great. I will set it up tonight :)

    Stacy~ you are right. Exercise is harder when it is so cold. I am really liking this class I've joined so hopefully it and summer will do the job with some of the excess pounds. And I was thinking, it could have been the clothes LOL. My jeans that I'm wearing are a US 8, which theoretically is a UK 10, but they never match up. You just have to find clothes that fit rather than just look for the right size labels. But I still need to drop some weight.

    Eric--cough. I cannot claim him--only admire him from a distance else DH gets upset :) Must go see that movie. Must call Laurie!
    Ames--what was with the snow on Friday???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I've seen your *recently*, and you're not fat! Lol! I lost 10 lbs with my surgery in January, how's that for a crash diet? I'm hoping to lose another 10 lbs with the next surgery, and I'll be all ready to sit outside and recuperate in the sun. Not that I'd let you near me with that camera, or anything! :)

    ReplyDelete