Monday, May 12, 2008

PS. I Love You (no spoilers)


I had the perfect Mother's Day. A lie in, pancakes. A lovely long family walk. Then DH made lunch and we went to the garden center and bought way too many plants :) I didn't make a scrap of food, or a cup of tea all day. The kids made me the most wonderful gifts, and to ice the cake, DH and I watched PS. I LOVE YOU. What a fantastic movie. I LOVED LOVED LOVED it. I even cried, and I never cry. I'm not a huge Gerry fan, but I really liked him in this. All the cast were superb. My only regret is I didn't read the book first. Might just buy that and read it anyway. Excellent movie--one of the best I've seen. And the soundtrack...it all made me very homesick for a visit, I can tell you.




----------------
Now playing: The Pogues - Fairytale of New York
via FoxyTunes

7 comments:

  1. I want to see this, but I know I'm going to bawl my eyes out!

    Glad you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm scared to see the movie. I read the book and loved it. It made me laugh, and bawl like a baby in parts. And then kiss my hubs! *G*

    Glad you had a lovely Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this in theaters, blogged about it awhile back. Didn't care much for Hilary Swank, but you've got Gerard and Jeffrey Dean Morgan to make up for it - and it does ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Told you!!!

    The book was good, too, but VERY different from the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't this a great movie? I went with my sister and we laughed and cried all the way through it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys were all right :)

    ReplyDelete