Monday, June 23, 2008

Do You Like MyTree?

This is the classroom door I helped the children paint. The kids were awesome at paint application. And they asked great questions, and certainly knew more about Emily Carr than I did :) Yes, my remit was draw a tree ala Emily Carr, LOL. But I wanted it to be a happy tree too. And--between you and me--the thing I most hate to draw are trees (they are so hard to do well).

Nothing much else is happening here. The mozzies are out and holy hell are they hungry. I'll let you know tomorrow whether or not I'm still allergic to the bites. The reaction has gone done every year so maybe my boss in Ontario--who'd wanted to stake me out naked in the bush overnight--was right. Or maybe he was just a perv :)

Just finishing off the kids' activities before the holidays and then I will have more time to catch up with everyone. There is only so much time in the day and between writing, children, dog, fish and plants, I barely have time to eat, let alone think.

Hope you're keeping sane :)

8 comments:

  1. Cute tree Toni *g*

    And yeah, your boss is probably a perv LOL.

    Hope things settle down a little soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "writing, children, dog, fish and plants..."

    In that order, Toni!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stacy :)

    Scott, I was thinking about the order as I wrote it LOL. But when the kids are in school and then in bed by 7.30 most nights, they don't take up that much of my time--and we usually combine the time together with exercise or meals :) The order will be different in a few days time :) I think the fish are last right now--the tank is GREEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a lovely tree. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOkay, your Boss was, um, so weird.
    I think the tree looks lovely. You did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily Carr eat your heart out - well if she was alive that is. Lovely painting. Bet you had a step to reach the top of the door! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Bet you had a step to reach the top of the door!*

    **Cough** No. A chair ;)

    ReplyDelete