Sunday, July 06, 2008

Wimbledon 2008

Today I watched one of the best tennis matches I have ever seen in my life. And I've been watching Wimbledon since I was a tot being looked after by my granny in the summer holidays. (Thinking about it, my gran also watched the snooker, darts, wrestling, and the only things she wasn't interested in were the horse racing, cricket and footy--which coincidentally were my grandad's favorite sports. But I digress).

Rafael Nadal won the first two sets without much trouble. Then, clawing his way back into the match, Roger Federer won the next two sets and they were neck and neck through the following fourteen games before Nadal finally won the last two games. It was incredible. Both players put every ounce of heart and skill into the match and I could barely stand for one of them to lose. They played for 4-hours and 48-minutes with two mid-match rain delays, (Hello London), the longest men's single final on record. It was absolutely brilliant :)


And on Saturday the gracious Venus beat her little sister Serena. Another good match and it was really sweet to see the family interaction. I thought Venus showed a huge amount of maturity and poise. The sisters went on to win the women's doubles championship.

I guess the next tennis I'll watch will be the Olympics (after the US Open). Cool :)


---------------- Now playing: Amy Winehouse - Wake Up Alone via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

  1. I don't watch Wimbledon, but it's sounds like it was all very exciting. Glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete