Monday, August 24, 2009

Still waiting to hear from vet....



This is Benn on Friday. On Saturday he wasn't doing much of anything and we put it down to arthritis and reaching the grand old age of 10. But by Saturday evening I knew he wasn't well, but he was still eating, drinking with the corresponding bodily functions so I wasn't panicking. Then on Sunday morning he didn't eat his breakfast and we knew he was sick. Also DH found a mass in Benn's tummy and the poor thing couldn't even get in and out of the car. So we rushed back from the lake and he's at the vets. They are treating it as an infection but can't find the site of infection--so he's on IV antibiotics. No evidence of tumor, or hernia (which he has had before). Now I'm waiting for them to phone after morning rounds.
Wish him luck. Don't know what I'd do without my dog.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear it Toni, hope you get some good news soon.

    ReplyDelete