Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!



The Grim Reaper and Knight have left the building. I've been visited by ghosts, pirates, Dracula, a bear, two bumblebees, and some other unidentifiable trick-or-treaters.

It's the mildest Halloween I can remember in Winnipeg. We've had years when costumes have been pulled snugly over over snowsuits and winter boots, but this year it is as mild as a UK Halloween. The Grim Reaper doesn't even have a coat. We never did the trick or treat thing in the UK. We were too busy building the Guy to burn on the 5th of November. I'm sure it's all changed now but I used to LOVE firework night with sparklers, huge community bonfires, baked spuds, a penny for the guy, and of course, fireworks!!!

My children are growing up as North Americans. Kind of sad in some ways but fabulous in others.

We spent the day raking leaves and every muscle in my hands ache. I'm getting old :)

No comments: