Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Countdown


Things are getting a little crazy around here.  Not only the dramatic drop in temperature (-32C today), not only packing, cleaning house for tenant, Christmas parties and sad (if temporary) farewells, but the kids have been ratcheted up to about 10,000 on the excitement meter.  They aren't even thinking Christmas, yet, it is all about our trip.  Hard to believe in less than 1 month we'll be in France!  In exactly 1 week I'll be in Shropshire with my family who I haven't seen in over 3 years and just after Christmas we'll be back in bonny Scotland with the inlaws.  And Scotland always feels more like home than anywhere else I've ever been.  I guess I lived there for 12 years and loved every minute.

DH can't understand why I'm packing so many shoes.  What is it about men that they don't understand shoes have to match an outfit?  That wearing hiking boots with skirts just doesn't work?  Sheesh. 

So, we're running down all the supplies in the house at a time where we are normally stocking up. We have no decorations up.  On the alcohol front, the gin's gone, the Bailey's gone.  There is Vodka (which I can't drink) and some Drambuie (thank God).  There's no baking.  No mince pies. 

Christmas is on hold until we get back home. 

I kind of like it. 

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget to wave on your way past. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will Diane, probably on the M6 :)

    ReplyDelete