Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Counting down...

There are weeks when you might be better staying in bed and I think last week was one of them :) My laptop died, I guess that was the biggest problem of the glass-breaking, dirt-trailing, spider-spotting week (DH had his own problems).  I'm grateful the laptop lasted as long as it did, but it is frustrating knowing it is just the video card and/or driver playing up because everything else has been fabulous.  Sigh.  But it means a lot of the photos I took in the last couple of weeks are on that machine so, for once, this post will be short and sweet but I'll take some more photos of this little house and town and maybe post them tomorrow.

Kids are in school till Friday so we are in a hotel in the city of Brest on Thursday night. That's going to be strange.  Then we're off to Normandy, the D-Day beaches, Mont St. Michel and Bayeux with my s-i-l and her family.  It'll be great for the cousins to get together but I'm praying the weather picks up because I don't want to be stuck in a mobile home with 4 kids for any longer than necessary :)  Then on the 7th April we're heading back to the UK.  It's been an amazing trip but I confess to missing the mundane things about anglo culture.  Like understanding TV.  I'm so shallow. 

So my life is cleaning and laundry and trying to get a chapter written while I have the chance.  The only trouble with writing when in a bad mood is it rubs off on my heroine and I have to rescue her later.  Doesn't seem to make a difference to the hero though ;)

Aurevoir, mes amis!

1 comment:

  1. I generally like to kill someone in my book when I'm in a bad mood. :) Hope the computer woes clear up!

    ReplyDelete