Sunday, May 02, 2010

Culloden Moor

After Keith we headed west to Inverness to visit more friends. Inverness is a lovely city. Just outside the city is Culloden Moor the site of the final battle of the Jacobite uprising in 1746.
They've built a fantastic Visitor Center there and have brilliant guided tours. I highly recommend getting someone to describe the events of that fateful April morning. It must have been terrible :( The moor is always eerie--in the snow in April it seems even more ghostly. Inside the Visitor Center the kids got to play with muskets and swords and other deadly trinkets. DH was right in there :)

2 comments:

  1. Toni, you're blog is a rabble rouser. Now I want to return for another Scotland visit. Hero and I have been there twice, and would go back today if given the chance. Unfortunately, those tour people want money. Narrowminded of them. LOL Loved your blogs. I didn't comment on all of them, but I read several lovely ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Caroline! LOL at me being a rabble rouser! Finally !:)

    ReplyDelete