Monday, July 26, 2010

Mac

Last Friday we visited the Winnipeg Animal Service compound in the North End of the city. I'd seen two puppies online and wanted to have a look at them. A friend came too.  When we arrived the puppies I'd seen had already been adopted. We walked around the older dogs but it was heartbreaking. We wanted a puppy rather than an adult because we wanted a dog that will grow with our kids. Anyway, it was a bust and I felt awful not chosing one of those poor dogs left at the shelter. Fom that experience I thought it would take us some time to find a pup to adopt but the next day we visited the Winnipeg Pet Rescue Shelter and they had 7 pups. We chose a beautiful mutt with 2 white socks and took him home with us.  ARGH!!  Terrifying really, but he's good and funny and happy.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:27 am

    Absolutely gorgeous!Brings back lots of memories...Enjoy!!
    Mini

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG he's so cute!!

    I took my own pup to the vet today for a cleaning...15 teeth later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes :) Vet bills to look forward to, lol :)

    I am enjoyimng him but I find it much harder than last time. I'm a decade older, afterall!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ames--we should get the pups together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new arrival Andersons!

    He's adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete