Friday, September 17, 2010

My summer movies...

Last night I watched The Ugly Truth. I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't a foul-mouthed chick flick. Strangely enough the foul-mouthed bit was the best part. I enjoyed it, but it was almost in spite of the plot.



Thanks to zip.ca (Canada's equivalent to NetFlix) I've seen a bunch of movies this summer--see below.




Thought provoking, evocative and downright sad--A Single Man.
This movie I really enjoyed. Matt Damon is cool.


Ricky--what were you thinking?

 
Scared the crap out of myself with this one, and cried at the dog scene...
I didn't like any of the characters in CLOSER. I can see it would be a great stage play but the movie didn't work for me.
Cute fun. Who doesn't love Sandra Bullock?

I've got more satisfaction out of TV than movies recently.  Me and my son have been pouring over Man versus Wild Season 4. Gotta love Bear Grylls.
So what have you been watching lately? Any movie recommendations?

Oh--and I'm interviewed today on Deanna Jewel's blog. And I even have a giveaway.

11 comments:

  1. I just finished watching Love Happens with Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eachart(sp?). I'm not a JA fan, and almost returned it to the library, but when I flipped the case over I realized Martin Sheen was in it so I watched it and loved it. Not what I was expecting at all. It was marketed as more of a rom-com but it wasn't that at all. Tonight - I'm watching The Proposal. I love the library and its free movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have to pay $2 for our movies from the library. Still worth it! I'll check that out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've seen just 3 on your list and i agree with Kelly, Love Happens is a nice movie I am going to try and get her new movie with the bateman dude next - if i can remember the title.
    have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Batman dude must be Christian Bale? Will look that out. Joanna, you have a nice weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of those, I liked The Proposal and Australia most. Like you, I'm watching more TV than movies. Right now I'm getting caught up on Fringe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok i know it is not quite in the same genre and may-be is a bit old but my vote goes to Defiance

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, I think TV has upped its game. The quality id fantastic now--sometimes :)

    kb--definitely on my list. Hey, meaning to call you tomorrow. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been watching more TV than movies recently. We tend to tape stuff and watch it later. I've been watching shows like Castle, Human Target, True Blood and a local show called Outrageous Fortune. I saw The Time Traveler's Wife when we were on holiday earlier this year, which I liked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:46 am

    I'll watch anything with Gerard Butler...but haven't seen his latest yet.

    I don't watch too many movies. The last one I saw was The Last Airbender with the kids and I enjoyed it.

    I'm a fantasy, comic fan, so Percy Jackson was cool, so was Prince of Persia and...forgot the title....about the Greek Gods with Liam Neeson.

    Valerie
    in Germany
    who has to watch everything in German until the DVD comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ((Valerie)) on the German thing :) lol. I was lost in France last winter b/c I don't speak French, but I could follow the news, just about.
    And I have seen most of those movies too--I didn't include movies I went to cinema to see (with kids). The Last Airbender, which surely had its title stolen by James Cameron was good, and so was Percy. Haven't seen Prince of P, and is the Greek god thing the movie with Sam Worthington? Not a good movie. Not really :) But fun.We saw that in Glasgow. I love fantasy too, must look out some good fantasy/romance novels and movies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:41 pm

    Yeah, it's a good thing I'm pretty fluent in German or else it would be very frustrating!!!

    Valerie
    still in Germany...hehe!!

    ReplyDelete