Monday, September 27, 2010

The Writers' Police Academy

I'm not sure what it says about me that I'm grinning so hugely at being stuffed in the back of a police car.  I did moan loadly when they shut the doors though because it was HOT!!  Apparently all the scumbags say the say thing :D



The Sheriff's Office has its own Mobile Crime Lab, Underwater Recovery Team, S.E.R.T., Hazardous Devices Team (which made me think of my brother-in-law who clears landmines in the Congo and Sudan for a living), and a really fancy bus which forms a communications hub plus a coffee and loo stop. I did ask the diver guys how the dive persona I know and love from being a Marine Biologist (lots of good time, hard partying people) mixes with the seriousness of being a police diver (the guy just grinned at me :).

My only complaint about North Carolina--like many US States they do not know how to make hot tea. 

I'll blog somemore about WPA this week but I better get on with the day job. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh I cant wait to hear more, it looks like you are learning a lot and having fun too, don't u just love your job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to hearing more as well. We don't have anything like this in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like so much fun. So glad you brought back photos to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was fun! Did you learn lots? Looking forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete