Monday, December 06, 2010

Christmas Decorations


The kids were off on Friday and desperate to get into the Christmas decorations. It's a little early for us in the year really but we went with it. We weren't quite prepared for the 6:00 a.m. wake up call from our son ready to decorate the Christmas tree. Or the next 8 hours of insanity while everything was unpacked and hung and put away. Or the frostbite from putting up the lights outside. But I think it was worth it.

It was strange unpacking things we hadn't seen for 2 years (we were in the UK last year). Nostalgic to know that the last time we'd put up the tree the dog had helped :)

The final ornament that went on the tree was this...happy memories.

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    Love the tree and theme of the decorations. Am thinking it is about time the frog was brought out again !! Now I am inspired having seen you efforts
    love to you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tree. I love the blue lights. I'm still too afraid to put my tree up this year. The 10-month-old is a total terror with all her crawling, walking, pulling up to and climbing on things.

    People have suggested I put up a dog gate around it. Of course, by the time I got one bought, Christmas would probably be over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen--keep kissing that frog :) It's hard work but worth it I think.

    Linda--10 months, argh!! There will be no peace!! But she will love all the shiny things :) Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete