Thursday, February 10, 2011

Getting it out of my system...

This winter has gone on way too long. I know Manitobans are stoic in their suffering but I'm so fed up with having sore eyes and no eyelashes (they freeze together and pull each other out when you blink). Nose hairs were sandblasted way back in November. I'm fed up with wearing so many layers I don't know where my skin is. I'm fed up with looking like a cross between Frosty the Snowman and Santa. I'm fed up of hat hair and flaky skin. I'm really fed up of being dragged along ice-rink sidewalks by the dog and letting out wimpy-ass screams when I lose my footing (always with someone watching). I'm fed up of crappy Winnipeg drivers not stopping at STOP signs or pedestrian walkways. I'm fed up of ten foot high snowbanks that you can't see around. I'm fed up turning on every different type of heating appliance I own, from the car's block heater to electric blanket, gas and electricity, and still feeling cold. I'm fed up of the wood-fire being a burning necessity rather than a romantic treat. I'm fed up with monochrome white followed by grungy beige and yellow and brown.

Wow--now I feel better. :) roll on the spring floods (please, not).

2 comments:

  1. Chris Koons11:04 pm

    I second all those sentiments & if I may add a little something... I'm fed up of giving myself a backache shovelling snow off my driveway so I can get out, only for it to snow me in again 2 days later. I'm fed up of being stuck at home with 2 bored kids because the school called yet another snow day & it's too flippin cold for them to go outside & play in the stuff.
    You're right - that does feel better! Bring on the tornados!! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Chris. I just needed to get it out. I know other people have it worse, but phew, it gets hard just being strong :D

    ReplyDelete