Thursday, April 26, 2012

News

Good news. Our lives are crazy busy right now. Science fair, soccer start up (DH is coaching), getting a freebie piano, DH's fish about to spawn (maybe), DIY, garden, dog (must call the vet about heartworm tablets), school stuff, oh, and yeah, writing :)

I've got some great news. After a bit of a whirlwind I signed with an agent--Jill Marsal, of the Marsal Lyon Literary Agency.This is despite the fact I can't get Jill's last name right. Shoot me now.


So now I have two Jills in my life and hope their emails don't get mixed up, because as much as I love my sister-in-law I don't think she can get me a book deal, and I'm pretty sure my agent isn't going to want to know the inner working of my kids' misadventures in school, or how the parents-in-law are behaving (although the latter is usually pretty wild and exciting). 


I told my son what was going on. 

He said, "So, do you have to pay this person?"
"An agent only earns money if I earn money. She gets a percentage of my royalties," I explained.
"Ha! So she's got a crap job too." 

Thanks buddy. I'll remind you of that one day. :)





6 comments:

  1. YAYYYYYY!!!!!! Toni, I am so ecstatic on your behalf! I know this is the beginning of a long and rewarding partnership. I just talked to Jill, as a matter of fact, and she's head over heels about your writing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again, Toni. Excellent news. Really thrilled for you.

    Love your son's comment, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your signing with such a great agent! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your son is hilarious!
    Good news about the agent. You are an awesome writer so I hope things work out well there.

    I love your little insights into daily life too, like the heart worm pills (thanks for the reminder), the beginning of soccer (for us its baseball), etc. It just makes you seem like a real person not a one dimensional person labeled 'author'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie--thanks! To steal an Aussie phrase, I'm stoked!!

    Kyahgirl--what a nice thing to say :) I sometimes think I'm just muttering quietly to myself here. Glad I'm not too mundane :) Vets appt in the morning. As for being a real person--I guarantee it :) But I'd love a maid and PA. We can dream, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come and see how THOUSAND of people like YOU are working for a LIVING from home and are living their wildest dreams right NOW.
    CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT

    ReplyDelete