Sunday, June 24, 2012

Things are growing...


This week I did Kiss of Death's Book In A Week (KODBIAW). I'm supposed to be doing it today so I might not be finished yet. I wrote over 10K words which was my goal.

Now I'm not one of those people who needs others to set my goals for me, I am always harder on myself than anyone else will ever be (I should perhaps include a caveat for people who may hate my books, but I digress...). So why did I feel the need to do this KODBIAW? 

One, I'm a terrible one for tinkering with the front end of the story, but I really think I need a little 'middle' written before I can really do it justice. Not much middle but a general feeling about where the story is going. My 10K words took my WIP (work-in-progress) to 30K which is roughly the first 1/3 of the story. Now I can go back, think about the 3 act structure, think about the characters and how much more I know about them than when I started and hopefully edit the crap out of that baby. Wish me luck--I'm gonna need it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment