Thursday, October 18, 2012

Writing Update

I've been absent from blogging. I always think it looks like I've had my feet up doing nothing when I haven't posted anything for a few days, but the opposite is true. I've been BUSY :) Honest.

I've been working on synopses for some future story ideas (please send fairy dust to my editor so she falls in love with them :)). I was weeping at one of them, so that's a good sign, right? And then I had the interior proofs of DANGEROUS WATERS arrive on Monday and got those turned around last night. Last week, I sent the full of my WIP (DARK WATERS) to my critique partner and she returned the favor with her latest story, a super Superromance, which I critiqued in return.

What else? Oh, yeah. I pulled out some of my unpublished manuscripts and had a quick glance at them. I have four-FOUR-stories that I wrote with hopes of selling them to Harlequin Intrigue. I'm mulling over what to do with these shorter format stories. I obviously struggle to write category type stories, but I like these. I might get them edited and self publish. It's an idea. Would people be interested in a shorter type RS from me do you think? 

I have other stuff that I'm contemplating self publishing and I have another contract to consider. It's all about timing and time.

What else? Oh, yeah. I've been writing blog posts for my upcoming blog tour to celebrate the release of DANGEROUS WATERS and sorting out some promo. I'll post details of the tour tomorrow. And I'm thinking about writing my newsletter for the upcoming release--trying to figure out a giveaway and an excerpt.  

So I really have been busy and waiting for those early reviews of DANGEROUS WATERS come out. Always nerve wracking. 

And now I have my critique partner's notes I can dive back into DARK WATERS. Sounds like fun, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment