Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Embarrassing Mother Moments.

A few months ago, my daughter was sitting at the kitchen table finishing math homework. My son was hovering hoping to score time on the Wii. She made a mistake, so...

"I'll get you a rubber." I winced with embarrassment and eyed the 12 and 10 year-old thinking that they were old enough to understand this stuff and I'd rather be the one to tell them than have them laughed at in class. "I'm going to have to start calling it an eraser."

My daughter laughed. "Oh, don't worry, Mommy, we know what you mean."

I blushed and choked out, "Yes, but the thing is the word rubber is also a slang term for a condom."

In unison they both look at me and pipe up: "What's a condom?"

______________________________________________

**This after so-called sex education, for the older one at least**

No comments:

Post a Comment