Thursday, October 31, 2013

Catch-up. Am I lazy or what?

Every time I sit down to blog here something comes up and I have to blog somewhere else, or compile interviews or, or, or... bottom line is I'm ashamed that I didn't even post my North Woods photos yet. *sigh*. I think I'll just put them on Pinterest.
So here's one of beautiful Wisconsin...


Yesterday was one of those days I felt like I did nothing so I sat down and thought about it. I gave the dog an extra-long walk and caught up with a friend while doing it (weekly event). I had a Skype meeting with the box set ladies (we are now available for pre-order on iTunes!), I had a book cover comp arrive in my inbox from my designer (I was told it would take 10 days and it took less than 12 hours). I sent the cover comp back with some minor tweaks. Then she needed a blurb so I had to write that from scratch. Then I edited a scene for a brand-new WIP working title SILENT WITNESS (I know it isn't that original but it is apt, so). I edited a friend's blurb. Another comp, more tweaks and more editing. So okay, no new words and that was bad, but I wasn't as lazy or ineffectual as I'd thought. Oh--and that doesn't include the usual Halloween costume disasters, TKD, or second dog walk.

Today I've finished a scene for SILENT WITNESS and now have to start the after edits read-through of HER LAST CHANCE (Marsh & Josie's story), which should be out before Christmas. I'll share the cover and blurb soon!

I should wish you all a Happy Halloween LOL. Excuse my lack of enthusiasm but blame my English upbringing. :) Where's my bonfire and Guy Fawkes effigy?

Working on this DANGEROUS ATTRACTION box set has been eye-opening for me. Some people think that if you put out something that is so obviously a great deal it will sell itself. Not true. I've never worked so hard and I'm only one of ten authors involved. But it's worth it. This is the most time intensive thing I've done in terms of self-publishing and it's thrilling to work so closely with other authors who share the exact same goal.

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/18Ya4Oc 
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1ahU8nO 
Smashword: http://bit.ly/1bOocy8
iTunes: http://bit.ly/1cmZDsi

No comments:

Post a Comment